DERBYSHIRE DALES DRIVE
4th June 2017
The event will take place on Sunday 4th June 2017 and cover some 120 miles on mainly rural roads within the Peak District, the Derbyshire Dales and the Staffordshire Moorlands.
The route will defined by a comprehensive road book incorporating descriptive sections.
Besides enjoying the varied upland and lowland scenery, crews will have the opportunity to pre-plot the route by optional navigational exercises to hone their skills.
WHAT WILL BE NEEDED?
- A motor car registered before the 31st December 1990. However, other ‘interesting’ cars may be accepted at the Organisers’ discretion.
- MSA Competition Licences are not required since this will be a non-competitive touring assembly event.
- Maps are not essential since a comprehensive Road Book will be issued. However, should you wish to bring your own maps, the route will be contained to the latest editions of OS Landranger maps 119 and 128.
- Possibly no meals, since breakfast, morning coffee, lunch and a meal at the Finish are provided in the standard Entry Fee. However, should you wish to make your own lunch arrangements, you are free to do so.
- Whilst tea, coffee, soft drinks and water will be available at the School, there will be no bar. Should you require other drinks, please bring your own.
WHERE WILL IT ALL TAKE PLACE?
As for the last four years, the event will again be based at Abbotsholme School, Rocester, situated between Uttoxeter and Ashbourne on the border between Derbyshire and Staffordshire.
With the venue and hospitality having been so well received by the entrants previously, we are delighted to be able to return there again.
After Signing On, the first car will start at 10.01hrs. Others will then follow at one minute intervals to avoid bunching.
As last year, the lunch break will be at Foolow village where participants may enjoy either the picnic provided by Abbotsholme, or their own refreshments.
There will be interim coffee and rest stops during the tour before returning to the Finish back at Abbotsholme School.
WHAT DOES THE ENTRY FEE COVER?
The standard Entry Fee of £75 for a car and crew of two provides –
- a comprehensive road book
- a rigid rally plate
- three meals and other refreshment, being
- a breakfast roll and beverages at the Start
- morning coffee en route
- a picnic lunch provided by Abbotsholme School, and
- a substantial barbecue meal at the Finish
- a photograph of you and your car taken during the tour
- a tour souvenir.
Additional passengers are welcome at £25 per person.
HOW DO I ENTER?
Download an entry form from the “Entry form” page of this website, when it becomes available.
Closure of Entry List Saturday 20 May
Issue of Final Instructions Monday 29 May
The maximum entry will be 60 and the minimum 20. Should the minimum number not be reached, the Organisers reserve the right to cancel the event before the Entry List closes.
Entry forms will be available shortly.