DERBYSHIRE DALES DRIVE
3rd June 2018
The event will take place on Sunday 3rd June 2018 and cover some 120 miles on mainly rural roads within the Peak District, the Derbyshire Dales and the Staffordshire Moorlands.
The route will defined by a comprehensive road book incorporating descriptive sections.
Besides enjoying the varied upland and lowland scenery, crews will have the opportunity to pre-plot the route by optional navigational exercises to hone their skills.
WHAT WILL BE NEEDED?
- A motor car registered before the 31st December 1990. However, other ‘interesting’ cars may be accepted at the Organisers’ discretion.
- MSA Competition Licences are not required since this will be a non-competitive touring assembly event.
- Maps are not essential since a comprehensive Road Book will be issued. However, should you wish to bring your own maps, the route will be contained on the latest editions of OS Landranger maps 110 and 119.
- Breakfast, morning coffee, picnic lunch and a meal at the finish are provided in the standard Entry Fee. However, should you wish to make your own lunch arrangements, you are free to do so.
- Tea, coffee, soft drinks and water will be available at the start and finish.
WHERE WILL IT ALL TAKE PLACE?
This year the event will start and finish at the Pavilion Gardens at Buxton. A new venue for us, but one that we are sure you will enjoy.
After Signing On, the first car will start at 10.01hrs. Others will then follow at one minute intervals to avoid bunching.
The lunch break will be at Carsington Reservoir where participants may enjoy either the picnic provided, or their own refreshments. Severn Trent’s shop and cafe will be open.
There will be interim coffee and rest stops during the tour before returning to the finish .
WHAT DOES THE ENTRY FEE COVER?
The standard Entry Fee of £75 for a car and crew of two provides –
- a comprehensive road book
- a rigid rally plate
- three meals and other refreshment, being
- a breakfast roll and beverages at the Start
- morning coffee en route
- a picnic lunch provided by the Pavilion Gardens, and
- a buffet meal at the Finish
- a photograph of you and your car taken during the tour
- a tour souvenir.
Additional passengers are welcome at £25 per person.
HOW DO I ENTER?
Download an entry form from the “Entry form” page of this website, when it becomes available in January.
Closure of Entry List Saturday 19th May
Issue of Final Instructions Monday 27th May
The maximum entry will be 60 and the minimum 20. Should the minimum number not be reached, the Organisers reserve the right to cancel the event before the Entry List closes.